[IP Symposium 2020] Symposium 2021 (Redux)

Darren Spielman dspielman at conceptlaw.com
Mon Jan 11 17:33:58 EST 2021

Hello all:
I hope you have all had a safe and healthy 2020. We know that last year (and now part of 2021) has been difficult and challenging, but the work carries on. I have been handed the Symposium reigns from Sam, who is still actively involved (and clearly did a great job trying to keep our efforts controlled during 2020). We had a call with the other officers of the IP Committee this past week and then I spoke with Stefanie Svisco (from the Bar) about the following:

We all agree that there is no reasonable path to having an in-person symposium at the Biltmore In April 22-23, even with the initial vaccine roll-out. So we have jointly decided to move it fully virtual. By now many of you have attended multiple meetings, conferences, hearings and birthday parties via Zoom. I would like to schedule a group call to occur Tuesday or Wednesday of next week to talk about next steps and logistics. Can you respond back and let me know if Jan 19 or 20 at 4:30 is a problem? We have the IP committee meeting coming up this week and I hope you will attend. In the meanwhile, please start to reach out to your previously assigned/volunteered speakers and find out if they remain interested in speaking (virtually) on April 22-23.

Darren Spielman
The Concept Law Group, P.A.
An Intellectual Property Law Firm
6400 North Andrews Avenue, Suite 500
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309
Office:     (754) 300-1500
Direct:     (754) 300-1457
Fax:          (754) 300-1501
www.ConceptLaw.com<http://www.conceptlaw.com/>
DSpielman at ConceptLaw.com<mailto:DSpielman at ConceptLaw.com>

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachment to this e-mail message contains confidential information that may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not review, retransmit, convert to hard copy, copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone at 754.300.1500 and delete this message. Please note that if this e-mail message contains a forwarded message or is a reply to a prior message, some or all of the contents of this message or any attachments may not have been produced by the sender.